Whether you're an entrepreneur, a new business manager or a professional seeking a career transition with greater business responsibility, this certificate employs materials and techniques that are consistent with modern principles and best practices, providing knowledge and skills that you can use immediately. You also get the advantage of a curriculum that is overseen by an advisory board of business and education leaders; approved by the University of California, Berkeley; and taught by working professionals with many years of practical business experience.
- Develop or refine your management and leadership skills to enhance your current job performance, increase your opportunities for advancement, and gain greater career flexibility.
- Understand basic financial theories and practices for improved bottom line management.
- Obtain an understanding of the various aspects of marketing.
- Learn techniques for basic business analysis and strategic planning.
- Gain a better understanding of the global marketplace and international competition.
- Explore the fundamentals of human resources management including recruitment, interviewing, appraisal, organizational analysis, and workforce diversity.
- Network with peers and other industry professionals.
- Design and deploy business-centered sustainability plans in multiple, varied work environments.
- Develop Strategies for the implementation of new sustainable improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate and report on performance, impact and outcome of activities in the sustainability arena.